Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Belated Valentine

Hello everyone! February is just flying by, and so far it has been full of exciting changes. I turned twenty-three, relocated to a new city and started my first post-college job. Earlier this month I began working as a Jr. Graphic Designer at Stampington & Co. — an arts and crafts magazine publisher. Their range of publications includes Artful Blogging, Somerset Studio and so many others (I'm still getting to know them all!). That being said, I've been extra busy adjusting and getting settled, so I'm afraid this Valentine project I've been preparing for you is a little belated. I hope you'll still take the time to flip through this "Old-Fashioned Valentine Craft Booklet" to learn how to make vintage-inspired, classic Valentines. A free sheet of Victorian scraps is included as a download on page 6. Just click the mini-magazine below to read, or follow this link.



19 comments:

Paper Heart Girl said...

This is fabulous! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the new job! xxxxxxxx

alwaysxbeing.blogspot.com

Thea said...

Oh my word, this Valentines project is so beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing such an inspiring and generous artwork with us. I hope you are enjoying every new aspect of your life. x

theeclecticlife said...

Much better late than never at all. Amazing work, as usual! Congrats on the Jr. Graphic Designer position!

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

OMG! Congratulations! You are working at my # 1 Favorite magazine company! Yayyyy! What a perfect fit for you. Love the mini mag with Valentines...too pretty. :)

Lara said...

I love it and congrats on the job. I have a been looking at issue and thinking about doing a project. Did they charge you anything to create the booklet?

cindy said...

all the best, livy. you will be perfect for stampington!

Erika Lee Sears said...

its never too late for hearts :)

Marinka said...

its never too late for love ^^ I like this booklet its so cute

Danielle said...

gorgeous!!! absolutely love this!!

Riviera Brides said...

Love your pics + your blog. I'm a new follower, hope you're gonna follow back. All the best, talk soon
www.rivierabrides.com

Elaine said...

I absolutely adore vintage Valentines! I am going to download this booklet and save for next year. Thank you for sharing it with us.

bicocacolors said...

what a beautiful idea!!!

Tracy said...

wow. so beautiful!!

Lisa said...

what can be more beautiful than vintage inspired hearts and valentines? Lovely!

Elizabeth said...

Very lovely little book!

Beautiful colours and such a nice idea.

Thank you for the credit to the Penny Plain Scraps Blog - if you would like more scraps please visit my website.

https://sites.google.com/site/pennyplainscraps/home/flowers

Stéphanie said...

That's adorable !

emma said...

wonderful book! i'll be back soon in your blog!

Vee said...

I adore this post! Thanks Olivia!

Lauren Meyer said...

I absolutely LOVE these sweet, vintagey Valentines. You are so very talented--I just recently discovered your blog and have read and loved every post! I can't get enough!

I downloaded your beautiful Victorian scraps and made a few of my own Valentines this year--they don't come close to yours, but I just wrote a post about them in my blog and included a link to your fabulous mini-magazine. Just thought you might like to check it out: http://infinitebeauties.blogspot.com/2012/02/victorian-valentines.html

Can't wait for more inspiration from you, Olivia! Thank you!

Post a Comment